Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sony CW, Toshiba M500, or HP HP Pavilion dv4t

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Poll: Pls help me out on which one u would perfer to buy (2 member(s) have cast votes)

Pick one pls.

1. Sony CW (1 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. Toshiba M500 (1 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. HP HP Pavilion dv4t (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 tin

tin

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 22 May 2010 - 10:40 AM

Im now looking for a replacement of my old laptop and I have the following options all in i3 core:

Sony CW series
Toshiba M500
HP Pavilion dv4t

For the Sony CW, I heard it was good for design and stuff but the qualities are bad like the speaker and the annoying fan sound. Also the screen is HD but when the lights reflect it's hard to see.

Toshiba M500 on the other hand, Im kinda leaning toward this one better. The design is really beautiful. I didnt get to read a lot of review about this but for most parts people said it was good and stunning.

HP Pavilion dv4t, well my brother have a HP laptop in 16" similar to this one. I have to say it's really not that great of an option but my family prefer it. The keys on the laptop sometimes got sticky on me and we had this laptop for 6 months only. The ink on keys started to smear all over too.

Please offer some of ur ideas on what i should get and other options u think would increase the preforming of it.
Thank you for reading. :blink:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,106 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2010 - 04:58 PM

FWIW: For the most part...people are reluctant to specify a choice...when such a narrow range is given and they have no idea of user taste. I don't see where you have specified what type of laptop or what you believe are discriminating features. For a member to suggest anything without knowing such...just leads to unnecessary bad logic, IMO.

It's your money...spend it any way you want, for whatever reasons.

That's the way that most of us wind up with the systems we have, except that we may be a little clearer in determining what features are important to us, as opposed to those which can be readily ignored as puffery.

At least...that's the way I see it. If you take a look at some of the other posts in this section...I think you will see what I mean.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 24 May 2010 - 05:58 PM.

#3 Ajaxanon

Ajaxanon

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:46 PM

After doing plenty of research, I went ahead and bought a Sony Vaio CW 14" with i5. If you are like me, and specifically looking for a 14", then I don't think you will do better in terms of value for money than the CW off bestbuy.

If you are willing to go up to i5, you can get a CW with 1400x900 resolution, i5, etc for $899. Of course, an i3 (by the sounds of your post) will probably be more than adequate.

#4 udibar

udibar

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:50 PM

My HP Pavillion has had serious reliability issues. The warranty only lasted a year. I don't recommend HP for anything other than printers, which are still good.
My 17" model has been in the shop more than it has been on my lap so beware. Extended warranty is not a bad idea for this type of equipment, without that I would have been seriously ripped off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users