Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Icons on my desktop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Private_0Malley

Private_0Malley

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 AM

Posted 22 May 2010 - 08:38 AM

Hey everyone,
I have just recently had a problem with my computer. When I opened it back up, there were absolutely no icons on my desktop. I tried the "Show Desktop" button but it didn't work. When I go into Windows Exporer in the Desktop folder, all of my applications and documents are still there. I can navigate to all other menus and folders through Start Menu and Windows Explorer. Does anyone know what is happening, this is the second time my laptop has done this, last time I just re-installed Windows 7 (because Vista stinks). My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite L455-S5980.Thanks for all of the help, If you have any questions required to answer the question, just post them too.

EDIT: Removed personal links from post ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 22 May 2010 - 11:42 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 22 May 2010 - 01:43 PM

try this first ,right click on the desktop ,go view and make sure show desktop icons is checked off

My answers are my opinion only,usually

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users