Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Combofix does not run

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 ferroburak

ferroburak

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 22 May 2010 - 07:58 AM

Hi,
Upon showing DOS screen it says " WARNING! CD Emulation Drivers Detected. Restart.." After clicking ok it restarts (some words appear on combo's dos screen I can't read lasts so short). After restart it gives the same error. I tried removing Toshiba's iso burner and daemon with no luck. This occurs on a Vista installed Toshiba laptop. What should I do? Thanks.

Edited by ferroburak, 22 May 2010 - 07:59 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 trollocks

trollocks

• Members
  • 369 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 PM

Posted 22 May 2010 - 10:29 AM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/273628/combofix-usage-questions-help-look-here/

#3 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 22 May 2010 - 12:24 PM

ferroburak, why do you want to run ComboFix? If you are having a malware issue and want to run ComboFix please do not do so without supervision, as trollock's link states.

Please Read this Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help You can begin at step six. Post the requested logs in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs where a expert in running ComboFix will help you figure out your issue with it. I am closing this topic here. Please begin a new topic as I described.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users