Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Howdy from a frustrated XP user

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 somabid888

somabid888

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 22 May 2010 - 06:42 AM

Howdy ~

New to Bleeping Computer becasue I've been throwing bleeps at my PC for awhile now, and just got the last straw. I'll go looking through the forums for answers, but this is what drove me to joine BC!

My main problem is that no new USB memory sticks or USB devises are recognized by my PC: It asks for the driver software for plug-n-play. Infuriating!

Weird thing is, that it still recognizes previously loaded USB flash drives and devices, so I figuer I have to "clean something out" to get it done ~ I just have no clue what to do wihtout potentially making it worse. sigh.

Hope I can find some help here.

Anyway, Howdy!

Soma

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 22 May 2010 - 01:11 PM

See reply here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/318362/win-xp-not-recognizing-new-usb-flashhardware/

Welcome to BC - hopefully your problems can be solved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users