Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is the Antimalware Doctor really gone?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 msrieski

msrieski

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 21 May 2010 - 08:02 PM

This is my first post and I hope this is not regarded as a really stupid question. My pc became infected with Antimalware Doctor yesterday. I used Malwarebytes antimalware and this seemed to do the trick but when I rebooted, I could not connect to the internet and I kept getting Norton Security warnings about a "stopped attack". I managed to get the computer to open in safe mode, found the Kaspersky TDSS killer and it identified and removed (upon reboot) one registry key item.

Everything is running fine now. I easily connect to the internet, my computer is moving very quickly, I'm not getting any Norton Security warnings. Here's the problem: I'm not sure I trust that I really am ok. For example, I would like to look at my bank account online but I am petrified to enter my password and then tomorrow discover that my balance has gone to zero!

How does one get comfortable that the trojan/malware is really gone? As I said, everything seems ok but given the malicious nature of some malware out there, I am afraid that the trojan may be "resting" in my pc just waiting to attack me again later or steal my identity. I read a lot of posts today about people running antimalware and having it not resolve their problems. I can't help but ask myself -- why was I so lucky that it seems to have worked for me?

I apologize again if this is a stupid post but I could really use some reassurance that I'm ok.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 21 May 2010 - 10:33 PM.
Move to AII as no logs posted. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 PM

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:47 PM

The best way would be to post your logs in the Malware removal forum. See this link:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users