Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

what about android

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 rayj0054

rayj0054

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 21 May 2010 - 06:30 PM

im due an upgrade and considering a motorolla flip with android os anyone famaliar with it thanks in advance

ray

Edited by rayj0054, 21 May 2010 - 06:30 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 22 May 2010 - 10:13 AM

yeah mt mother has an moto clique and she thinks it is ok she has to buy a new micro SD card because she filled it up with tons of music. But other than that it has been ok. :blink:
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 rayj0054

rayj0054
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2010 - 08:43 PM

thanks for the reply as far as i can tell the one i looked at will handle up to a 16 gig micr sd the old lg vue im useing now has a 2 gig and ive never filled it up my only complaint with it is the web browsing you cant do full page html

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,489 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2010 - 08:44 PM

my only complaint with it is the web browsing you cant do full page html

What do you mean?
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#5 rayj0054

rayj0054
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:33 AM

the vue wont show a full page of web info only th hilights and certain info as it only has a 2x3 screen and the flip is almost as large as an iphone and that with the android os is suppossed to allow full page browsing although it will be small. i dont even know w2hat os the vue uses but it is 3g

Edited by rayj0054, 23 May 2010 - 06:34 AM.

#6 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2010 - 03:14 PM

The vue uses a proprietary OS like most phones. Android, BlackBerryOS, WebOS(Palm), Windows Phone, and Iphone OS are all the Major OS's for SmartPhones. All are Capable of full HTML web browsing on certain Phones I'm not sure if the MotoCliq or MotoBlur (US Phone names) are capable or not I know the Motorola Droid is.

The big plus to the Android is a lot of the apps are Free or FOSS (Free Open Spource Software) from what I'm told.

Edited by BlackSpyder, 23 May 2010 - 03:15 PM.

Posted Image

#7 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,489 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2010 - 03:17 PM

The motocliq is capable of full page i just checked (my mother has one. (rolls eyes and walks away, I never use my cell so... ) :blink:
sigcomp.png 

#8 rayj0054

rayj0054
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2010 - 06:12 PM

went with the backflip and it appears ok hope th upgraded os comes out soon im only running android 1.5

#9 Leader

Leader

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:58 PM

The Android O.S. is one of the bests I have experienced. I tried it on the MyTouch, but never physically checked out the Motorolla Flip

#10 MichaelB51026

MichaelB51026

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2010 - 02:11 AM

I'm using Moto Milestone and I like its web browsing. But we don't have many apps now, you know iPhone has a great many.
God helps those who help themselves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users