Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Things you've done with the iPad

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Uraiser

Uraiser

• Members
  • 254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 21 May 2010 - 04:28 PM

Several people see the iPad as a "gated community". I see it as a device with endless possibilities if you know how to use it. If you aren't that savvy, there are still many opportunities for you.

What I have done:

JailBroken (Don't ask me how, I don't condone it, either)
VPN - Exchange
Have a catalog full of cake pictures for my fiance's side business - we take the pad with us to show clients what we have and can do
read several books while waiting for different things
Use it as a stereo while working outside
I've done an entire day's work on it just to see how it functioned as far as handling a web developer's typical day - did pretty well minus photoshop
Netflix - Netflix- Netflix

Despite the negative reviews about the VGA cable, since the netflix update, it is a godsend - watching movies from your iPad is great, even though they are low-res.

What all have you done with your iPad?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 PM

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:56 AM

I have to say I was very skeptical when I bought the iPad, but have since come to love it. I really do not use it for anything productive though. It is purely an entertainment device for me and my kids. The long battery life is simply amazing when it comes to keeping your children entertained on a long flight and the games are fun and quite a few of them are educational for my 4 year old twins.

I used to my laptop every night. Now, I rarely use it as I can do all my online media devouring from a much more portable device. My only issue is the keyboard, which I still do not like, but thats the nature of these types of devices. I still cant imagine actually doing significant work on it though.

#3 Sefket

Sefket

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 25 May 2010 - 12:48 PM

I never purchased a iPad, it's a rip off. There are laptops that save you $200 and work the same way as a iPad but it isn't that small and it's not fragile(Well its a bit fragile). I'm nearly guaranteed you have more space in your laptop then a iPad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users