Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox plays "game-like" music

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 porcheb

porcheb

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 21 May 2010 - 11:32 AM

About 1 hour ago, when I launched Firefox, a continuous loop of "music" began to play. This did not happen in IE8 or Chrome. It does not happen with some other programs. Will system restore work to get rid of whatever problem I am having? - OS is Vista Business. I have Norton Antivirus running. A quick scan did not detect any problems.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 porcheb

porcheb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2010 - 12:52 PM

Ouch! Google has scammed me! The sounds come from Google's home page. They have a pacman game as their tittle. Cute but very annoying.

#3 pantherapardus4

pantherapardus4

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2010 - 01:46 PM

I just got this annoying Pac-Man music on Firefox, too. But when I went to the Google page using Internet Explorer, nothing happened. It just showed a Pac-Man graphic, but no music.

I did a quick scan with Vipre and nothing showed up. Vipre and Comodo are both up and running on Windows 7 Home Premium.

Oh, and when I logged in as my partner, Firefox automatically installed AOL's toolbar!! But there was no music.

Edited by pantherapardus4, 21 May 2010 - 01:47 PM.

Until we extend our circle of compassion to all living things, humanity will not find peace. ~Albert Schweitzer, The Philosophy of Civilization

Windows 7, Firefox, avast! Free Antivirus, Windows Defender, Spyware Blaster, SpywareGuard, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit

#4 RedDawn

RedDawn

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 21 May 2010 - 04:30 PM

Google Pacman Sound Bug
http://www.ghacks.net/2010/05/21/google-pacman-sound-bug/

:thumbsup:

#5 pantherapardus4

pantherapardus4

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2010 - 06:51 PM

Thanks! I have Cooliris installed. This was really annoying, but still, I thought some of those posts were a bit excessive. I'm actually thinking of going and playing the game now. :thumbsup:

Until we extend our circle of compassion to all living things, humanity will not find peace. ~Albert Schweitzer, The Philosophy of Civilization

Windows 7, Firefox, avast! Free Antivirus, Windows Defender, Spyware Blaster, SpywareGuard, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit

#6 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 21 May 2010 - 07:32 PM

That's pretty neat! I played it and won! :thumbsup:

No music, though... :trumpet:

And my sound is turned on. Oh well. :flowers:
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer