Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

two os eide and sata xp

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tony007

tony007

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 PM

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:50 AM

I have added a sata harddrive I already have an existing eide hard drive both drives have xp installed but I am not getting any options as to what drive to choose on boot up. Both drives are showing in my computer but only the eide in bios. How to fix. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 PM

Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:22 AM

System manufacturer and model?

If the SATA drive is not reflected in the BIOS...how is it that both drives are reflected at the same time?

Can you post a screenshot from Disk Management, reflecting both drives?

Louis

#3 tony007

tony007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 PM

Posted 22 May 2010 - 10:22 PM

System manufacturer and model?

If the SATA drive is not reflected in the BIOS...how is it that both drives are reflected at the same time?

Can you post a screenshot from Disk Management, reflecting both drives?

Louis

System manufacture and model is irrelevant but its home built if you must know, thanks for your answer I have now solved this by making the sata a storage drive and booting off the eide drive.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 PM

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:54 AM

Thanks for sharing your solution...happy computing :thumbsup:.

System manufacturer and model are relevant for users who own OEM systems, since such systems may not include native support for SATA drives...thereby requiring the installation of SATA drivers.

Not everyone has a custom/self-built system :flowers:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users