Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Does anyone here like MMA?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 marktreg

marktreg

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 21 May 2010 - 04:01 AM

MMA is a legitimate sport now. It's not like the old days when it was bare knuckles and no rules etc. MMA is now regulated by Athletics Commissions in the USA (CSAC, NSAC, etc) and has some of the biggest pay-per-view buy rates ever. I follow all the UFC events, but MMA is not very popular where I live in the UK. According to what I've read though, it's one of the fastest growing sports in the USA. I just wondered if anyone else here watches it?

If anyone is not sure what MMA is, this is the UFC's website:

http://www.ufc.com/

Edited by marktreg, 21 May 2010 - 04:04 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 M332

M332

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 AM

Posted 21 May 2010 - 11:19 AM

I can't wait for Rampage to thrash Rashad. I hope Rampage gets at least one of his vicious slams in too before he knocks Rashad out. All the trash talk over the months has been hilarious, especially them buying each other pillows and snuggies for when they get knocked out. :thumbsup:

War Rampage! :flowers:

#3 marktreg

marktreg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2010 - 04:19 AM

I like Rampage. He is a funny guy with all his trash talking and other antics. But, to be quite honest, I have never really thought of him as an absolute top-level fighter. Admittedly, he did get a flash KO against an ageing Chuck Liddell. But, after that, he lost to Forrest Griffin - basically by being unable to deal with Forrest's leg kicks.

I predict a TKO win by Rashad Evans in the 2nd or 3rd round.

It's going to be a great fight though, and I'm really looking forward to it. :thumbsup:

#4 M332

M332

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 AM

Posted 22 May 2010 - 01:24 PM

Yah I remember last season on TUF when they were coaching where Rashad gave Rampage grief about just standing there like an idiot and letting Forrest kick his legs so much. It was funny to watch all their insults at each other too. "You ugly, you ashy, and yo breff stank". :thumbsup:

I just hope they both make it a good fight to watch instead of making it a frustrating let down. With all this hype built up I want to see two raging bulls going at it not two hesitant guys afraid to make the first move and lose like the Kimbo/Alexander fight for example. Nothing worse to watch than two guys not fighting anywhere near their potential.

#5 marktreg

marktreg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2010 - 01:37 PM

I totally agree, M332. Let's hope it's a good one. :thumbsup:

#6 johndept1

johndept1

• Members