Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

threatfire does it work ??

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mute20

mute20

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 21 May 2010 - 12:02 AM

I was just wondering what your guys thought on threatfire is. I am currently using it with eset nod32 ,but wonder if it might be conflicting since I dont have full trust in the makers of threatfire.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,399 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2010 - 05:53 AM

ThreatFire FAQs

As a general rule, using more than one anti-spyware program like Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, SuperAntispyware, Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware, etc will not conflict with each other or your anti-virus if using only one of them for real time protection and others as stand-alone scanners. In fact, doing so increases your protection coverage without causing the same kind of conflicts or affecting the stability of your system that can occur when using more than one anti-virus. The overlap of protection from using different signature databases will aid in detection and removal of more threats when scanning your system for malware. However, if using all their real-time resident shields (TeaTimer, Ad-Watch, MBAM Protection Module, Spyware Terminator Shields, etc) together at the same time, there can be conflicts when each application tries to compete for resources and exclusive rights to perform an action. Additionally, competing tools may even provide redundant alerts which can be annoying and/or confusing.

PC Tools are the makers of ThreatFire. Why do you not trust them?
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 mute20

mute20
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:56 AM

Does the protection actually amount to what they have on the graphs on the site. I am skeptical in some cases that the product adds 5-1x the amount of protection that it says

#4 arknaz

arknaz

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:54 PM

I had it for a while, probably over a month, and it didnt seem to help anything...I had it running with Comodo and even read the topics on a website dealing with running both of them and making it work. It still didnt seem to block as much as my other programs i use do..so not too sure (i dont trust what they say at least)

-Scott
Samsung Chromebook +
  • Intel i5-2500K 3.3Ghz - Replaced with I7 3770k 3.5Ghz
  • 80G SSD, 640G/1TB/3TB Sata  
  • Palit GTX560 TI 2GB 
  • 16g G.Skill Sniper DDR3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users