Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

3 Windows Xp Professionals Installed in 1 Partition! NEED HELP

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RishKh

RishKh

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:21 PM

Hi,
I was recently facing some problems with my windows xp, including viruses, harware problems etc..
So i searched google and it told to repair my Windows Xp Professional without losing my things, so i rebooted my computer and installed my windows xp cd, i loaded it on the same partition, as i installed it i noticed it was going to install the whole windows xp all over again in the same partition... so i took out my cd and tried starting windows normally, as i started a error would pop and my computer would restart automatically. SO i had no choice but to install Windows Xp all over again (2nd Time) so i completely installed it again in the same partition. But when the computer restarted after installing Windows Xp it showed me 3 Windows Xp Softwares i can boot with.... Luckily one if the 3, was my original Windows Xp Pro and i didnt lose any of my stuff :thumbsup:.
Now the problem is i have 2 remaining Windows Xp Softwares running which i dont want anymore and i want to keep my original one.
SOOOOO PLEASE HELP I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO DELETE THE 2 REMAINING SOFTWARES FROM MY PARTITION. :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,266 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:38 AM

Please post a screenshot of your hard drive...from Disk Management.

FWIW: Just because you see three options at the boot screen...that doesn't mean that there are 3 installs.

When you boot into XP...how many Windows folders do you see on your system partition?

Louis

#3 RishKh

RishKh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2010 - 07:49 PM

hi,
i have 2 windows xp installed because i installed it myself in the same partition.. one of them is kind of corrupted.. other one is completely new... and the one im using right now is the original one....

also, my disk management folder doesnt show anything... but i have attached the screenshot for you

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users