Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help, Please. Problem with Trojan Agent

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ziva

Ziva

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:16 PM

Hello,

Please Ignore post. Problem is resolved. There was a glitch with IObit updates which caused a false positive. Course they didn't own up to the fact till they figured out how to correct it.

Yesterday after scanning my Windows XP Home with SP3 laptop Computer with IObit Security 360 Pro it found an Trojan Agent in C;\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrt.dll. IObit quarantined it. But it keeps returning when I do other scans.

But no reports or warnings of an infection show up when I scan my PC with my Avast anti-virus. Malwarebyte's or Webroot's Spyweeper. So I am uncertain if I have a real infection or just a false positive.

I should also add that I am not all that computer saavy.

Thank you for your time and for looking,

Ziva

Attached Files

Edited by Ziva, 21 May 2010 - 03:47 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thewall

thewall

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,425 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 22 May 2010 - 06:08 PM

Thank you for letting us know. Best of luck in the future.

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed.

If your the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact me via pm with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
If I have helped you then please consider donating so I can continue the fight against malware Posted Image
All donations go directly to the helper

Posted Image

Due to the large amount of backlogs we have I cannot respond to PMs for help unless I am already working with you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users