Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio doesn't work after re-install of XP.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 doingitwell

doingitwell

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 20 May 2010 - 07:49 PM

If you look at my other posts you will see that I went through quite the crap storm with some serious infections. I managed to get it cleaned up by re-installing XP without the OEM disc, but I'm having an issue with my audio not working.

I've managed to get mostly everything back up running and or installed, except my audio. My mobo is an Intel desktop D915GRO, and of coarse I can't find squat on Intel's site in regards to drivers. My mobo is on-board audio and of the Pentium 4 version. I could provide more information about it if asked.

Anybody have some ideas of how I can get the audio going again?

Thanks, Robert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:06 PM

The D915GRO looks like a manufacturer (Sony) specific board.
Have you tried visiting the Sony website for drivers?

Choose/Type/Detect model number > Type of driver (Audio) > Operating System (XP).

Edited by ReviverSoft, 20 May 2010 - 08:16 PM.

ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#3 doingitwell

doingitwell
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:26 PM

You are spot on Reviver, my system is a Sony VAIO model. Goes to show you, don't trust visiting the manufacturer that is listed on the mobo, you should go to the seller. :thumbsup:

I'll visit the site you mentioned and let you know.

Thanks for your help!!

#4 doingitwell

doingitwell
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:45 PM

A big THANK YOU goes out to Reviver for his help.:thumbsup: I've already visited the Sony site, found the driver, downloaded, installed, re-booted and the audio is back up and going.

I appreciate it!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users