Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possible infection, can not be located!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tom44

tom44

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 20 May 2010 - 05:57 PM

I usually browse the internet with firefox, and a few days ago I ran across a problem. When using the Firefox I would periodically get messages from ESET NOD32 saying it was blocking a website. A new firefox window would open with multiple tabs all with URL's in C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\... etc. I scanned my computer with the most updated versions of Malwarebytes antimalware, ESET Nod32, Windows Defender, and Spyboy search and Destory, but nothing was found. I figured something was wrong with firefox itself so I uninstalled it and began using IE more frequently and thought the problem had gone away. Today, when using IE the same thing started happening; ESET sent me similar messages about blocking adresses. However, this time instead of new windows opening with multiple tabs and random parts of C:, ESET seemed to redirect the web site to my homepage, Google. This problem does not only happen when I am browsing the web, but the browser needs to be open (for example I can be looking at windows media player with my homepage open and new windows of google will be opening simultaneously).

While typing this up took a few screenshots of the notifications and here they are:

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/9739/nod32v.png

Another IP adress I had noted down from when I was using Firefox was: 78.47.249.228:80

I went to the web before posting this but found very little and the posts I did find seemed not to have any results.

Any help is appreciated! This problem is becoming quite frustrating. Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tom44

tom44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:47 PM

seems to be the same problem this poster is having, any ideas?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/315741/infected-with-google-redirect-recurring-cognac/

#3 tom44

tom44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:50 PM

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.46
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 4052

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

5/20/2010 7:34:27 PM
mbam-log-2010-05-20 (19-34-27).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Objects scanned: 131151
Time elapsed: 10 minute(s), 50 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Registry Keys Infected: