Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disk drive

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 profxuk

profxuk

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:54 PM

hi there i wondering if there is anyway to get my pictures off hard drives that were set up in a raid setup i am not quite sure if that is what it's called i have tried various methods i know but have come up blank

Edited by profxuk, 20 May 2010 - 04:00 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 20 May 2010 - 04:02 PM

Depends on the type of RAID which was set up, in part.

What type of RAID?

Louis

#3 profxuk

profxuk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2010 - 04:10 PM

RAID 3, RAID 4 i think

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 20 May 2010 - 06:35 PM

Overview of RAID, MS.

Based on what I read, I would say that your only chance of recovering data from a drive used in either a RAID3 or RAID4 configuration...would be to employ a similar RAID setup.

Louis

#5 YHB318

YHB318

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:19 PM

RAID 3, RAID 4 employs 3 (or more) disks, right? Are you trying to recover data from the disk that were striped or the disk set up for redundancy? Hamluis is right though - your best shot is to recreate the RAID array and then try to recover data. I've used GetDataBack with success many times - though it isn't free, it will let you test recover and even view your data without having to buy it.

#6 profxuk

profxuk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2010 - 03:03 PM

i think they were set up in the striped setup but i will have to try to recreate raid set up but they are not numbered so i do not know which way to put it back together, something happend to my pc and i had to put it back to master slave configuration and i do not know enough about raid to sort it out yet but i will try

Edited by profxuk, 21 May 2010 - 03:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users