Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trendnet secure cam

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 lechatboote

lechatboote

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:15 PM

need some help PULEEZE lol Friend purchased a trendnet wireless secure cam (2 cameras) followed the directions for setting up the wireless cams. The one is recognized initially when wired but the camera fails to communicate with the router when wireless. Neither camera functions that way. Have checked all the settings the wireless router address, subnet mask etc are all matched.

Any ideas as to why this still won't work, they just don't communicate. Like a bad marriage after 30 yrs ut oh sorry.

Thanks ever so much

lechatboote

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YHB318

YHB318

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:33 PM

What type of router do you have? You can probably look up the DHCP client list on the router to see if they're actually pulling an IP address. If you can find the IP address, try pinging that address from a PC.

#3 lechatboote

lechatboote
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2010 - 12:04 AM

netgear router is communicating with everything except the cameras.

#4 YHB318

YHB318

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:08 AM

Well, since no one on this forum can see what you're doing, you'll need to be a little more descriptive. It might be that the router and cameras are not compatible. How old is the router? (Which model Netgear?) Or it might be that the router is set up for a different wireless standard (a, b, or g, etc). Can you also include the model of the camera? There are a few different Netgear secure cams.

#5 lechatboote

lechatboote
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:59 PM

Never had a problem with getting help here before. It maybe that the hub ports aren't open. I'm not sure how much my friend has done. The router is brand new and anything that would be blatantly obvious or easy has been tried, still and all it might be I'm missing something. Router is a netgear and it's ports are open the cameras are compatible with everything so that's not the issue. One actually worked briefly for a while. Now they only work when hard wired. My understanding is that the trendnet wireless option is sort of a hassle to set up was looking for someone with some prior experience in this regard. I would give more info if there was more to give sorry.

#6 thrillhouse

thrillhouse

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:17 PM

are you sure the cameras are "wifi" and not uhf or vhf?

#7 lechatboote

lechatboote
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:57 PM

yes they are wireless that can be hooked up wired or wireless

#8 thrillhouse

thrillhouse

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:33 PM

what model trendnet camera?

what port does the software use? Maybe try forwarding it (do a search on google to find out how to do this) and make sure there is no firewall blocking it.

#9 lechatboote

lechatboote
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2010 - 12:36 AM

firewall not a problem and network unlocked the model is 110 don't remember the ports now not at the computer presently so it's going to remain a mystery until I go to her house again grrrr.

#10 YHB318

YHB318

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:24 PM

Does this look like the cameras you are using?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16881102017

The most popular review might have your answer:
Cons: The setup software that allows you to change the IP address wouldn't work so I had to contact TrendNet support. My call was answered quickly and the help I received enabled me to change the IP address in a few minutes. After I downloaded the full manual from the manufacturer's website, I found that the procedure was in the complete manual. Anyway, tech support was fast and helpful.

Check out this page for a tutorial to set up wireless on each camera.
http://www.trendnet.com/support/kb/kbp_vie...1&catId=567

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users