Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 2000 SYSTEM_LICENSE_VIOLATION BSOD

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sykomac

sykomac

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:25 AM

Help!!!

I started my computer in Safe Mode and ran Malewarebytes' Anti-Malware. If round 3 problsm which I told it to fix.

One of the items it said need to restart in order to remove it.

Well, I restarted and now I get a blue screen with the error SYSTEM_LICENSE_VIOLATION.

I tried restarting again - same results. No matter how many times I restart I get the same screen.

I also tried holding gown the F8 key to start in safe mode again but I still get the same screen.

Unfortunately this is my boss's computer and I thought I'd check for viruses while he was away this week.

Now I can't get it started.

What to do?

Thanks,
Paul

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 22 May 2010 - 10:09 AM

Without knowing exactly what files you deleted you cannot repair. Doing a repair install may work and is probably the last ditch effort.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

#3 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 22 May 2010 - 10:13 AM

On second though it has been so long since I used win2000 I'm not even sure if it will do a repair install. If not then the only thing you can do would be to use the recovery console to access the disk. hopefully you can read the MBAM log and figure out which files you deleted and then reinstall them from either the windows disk or the service pack files on the HD. Good Luck.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users