Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printing lag, notice regsvr32.exe running

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 clc.ollier

clc.ollier

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 AM

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:29 AM

Hi everyone, I'm having trouble with my work computer and my IT department isn't any help. Basically, I'm noticing a 4-5 second lag when printing (with the number of print screens I have to take, this snowballs and probably costs me about a half an hour a day). I'm printing to the office HP 4345 (networked) and it used to print much faster before they also networked an HP Laser Jet P2050. I get a blinking hourglass during the lag which prompted me to look at my task manager when printing. I noticed on my computer only that regsvr32.exe is running every three or four print jobs. Is there any way that I can track what's making it run or what it's doing when it runs (I've read that it registers DLLs...?). I've already tried disabling HP Toolbox and other misc. HP stuff on startup (that wasn't there before the P2050 was installed). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Chris

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users