Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista will not boot and no installation boot disk

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 miamivice25

miamivice25

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 20 May 2010 - 07:25 AM

Itís a Windows Vista home premium operating system. When I press the power button the laptop will not boot up. When the power button is pressed. The power button lights up along with the mouse pad light and the 1st and the 3rd buttons on the bottom left hand of the computer. After a few seconds the 3rd light on the bottom left hand side of the computer then goes out. Then it sounds like either the hard drive or the disk drive is searching and attempting to start up for about 10-20 seconds and then it stops. Then the fan starts up and runs for about two seconds and stops. Then the power button light along with the 1st light on the bottom left hand side of the computer and the mouse lights go out. The ac adapter light stays light during the entire process. The screen/monitor never comes on and the screen/monitor stays black the entire time. The cap locks light and the num lock lights do not come on or flash. The computer then is quiet for about 30 seconds and then it will start the above processes over but will never boot up. When pressing the power button to shutdown the computer it used to make a noise like the power was being disconnected. Now when the power button is held down the power button light and the first light on the bottom left hand side of the computer and the mouse pad light will go out without making a sound. This concern just started today. No hardware has been added. A hard reset was attempted after removing the battery and it did not resolve the issue. The Vista operating system came pre-installed on the laptop and it seems to be on a separate drive or partition of my drive that is not the C drive. A Windows Vista installation disk was not included with the laptop and I do not have access to one. I also did not make a recovery disk or a backup disk. Please assist me. Thank you in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 miamivice25

miamivice25
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:20 AM

It seems as if my computer is stuck in sleep mode is this possible?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users