Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Quickbooks data retrieval

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cheesha

cheesha

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 PM

Posted 20 May 2010 - 05:52 AM

Working with someone who had their operating system crash. I have slaved the hard drive and can pull off everything....pictures, Office Docs, etc. They also need their quickbooks files. I see the Intuit folder but since customer had never actually done a Quickbooks backup......I don't know how to pull their data files out or even know what their data looks like and then restore their companies back to quickbooks.

I use quickbooks everyday and when I have a problem, I can use my backup file and easily restore the data. I know there is a way, I just don't have it figured out :thumbsup:

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank You!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 PM

Posted 20 May 2010 - 06:44 AM

If no backup file exists, you will be looking for a file with the company name(s) and the file extension .qbw

This is the QuickBooks working file, and if you can recover it intact, it can simply be opened in another QB installation under that company name.
Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 cheesha

cheesha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 PM

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:48 PM

Thanks! It worked perfectly!

#4 Platypus

Platypus