Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to delete saved password that has already been connected / mapped to another drive / shared folder)?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 usaquest

usaquest

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 20 May 2010 - 05:04 AM

How to delete saved password that has already been connected / mapped to another drive / shared folder)?

I have 2 PCs. 1 is Vista for me. 1 is XP for my relative. When my relative connect from the XP to my Vista for the 1st time, it asks for the username and password. After it's connected successfully, how do I delete the remembered password in the XP machine so that my relative can't access to Vista machine automatically? And how can I enforce the XP machine must input the username and password for every single time that's connected to my Vista?

I did not set any network password, so it's my windows login username and password. I can't change the password for the moment because I have hooked up to many other devices using the current password.

If you have any solutions, please specify whether the steps are done in XP or Vista, appreciate much.

By the way I have already tried "control userpassword2" or "rundll32.exe keymgr.dll, KRShowKeyMgr" trick and it does not work because all the user account listing are just my email passwords.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users