Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

skipping and lagging every few seconds.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Smurfz

Smurfz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 19 May 2010 - 10:52 PM

My computer was getting really slow, and it was starting to freeze and stutter. Eventually it wasnt able to run windows 7, so i reformatted and it is still running extremely slow, skipping, and studdering. Also, everything goes Not Responding for about 5 seconds. For example, it takes 15 minutes to open Internet Explorer.

When someone talks to me through their mic I here "this is a teeeeeeeest" when it should be "this is a test"
Not sure whats going on i tried the following:
Reformatting, Defrag, Disk Cleanup, Check Disk, Checked the BIOS.
Another key note is that windows 7 64bit worked fine for 6 months before this problem, i upgraded from Windows Vista 64bit.

Computer Specs:
4 Gigs Ram
500GB Hard Drive
Nvidia 9800 GTX+
Intel Quad Core 2.4Ghz
please ask me any additional questions, I'm not the best with computers and i would love some help.

Edited by Smurfz, 19 May 2010 - 11:00 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Yateesh

Yateesh

• Banned
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2010 - 02:53 AM

Hi, there

Well if you have already tried all these steps: Reformatting, Defrag, Disk Cleanup, Check Disk, Checked the BIOS and if you still have problems with the system being slow and sound not being heard firmly i will have to recommend to reinstall WINDOWS 7 clean installation and once the OS is installed plz check for all the drivers and install all the drivers like Motherboard drivers, chipset drivers, Audio/Video drivers also. :huh:

And by looking at your system configuration, there should not be anything to worry because it defenetly meets all the criteria that is requeired for 64 bit windows 7 Operating System.

Edited by Yateesh, 20 May 2010 - 02:59 AM.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,254 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2010 - 04:44 PM

If you reformatted/did a clean install...and still have problems...you probably ought to start thinking "hardware".

Run the appropriate hard drive diagnostic yet?

Bootable Hard Drive Diagnostics - Vox - http://usasma.vox.com/library/post/bootabl...iagnostics.html

Hard Drive Installation and Diagnostic Tools - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/28744/hard-drive-installation-and-diagnostic-tools/

How to write a CD-DVD image or ISO - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/write-a-cd-dvd-image-or-iso/

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users