Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help with motherboard-ACC

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Drj312

Drj312

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:33 PM

I am having trouble with my motherboard. It is an Asus M4A785TD-V EVO. I am trying to unlock the fourth core on my AMD Athlon II X3 435. I have to enable Unleashing Mode first. When i do that and unlock the fourth core, the computer crashes on startup. I had a different motherboard before but same processor, and unlocking the fourth core worked. What is the problem?

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 AM

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:36 PM

Here is a YouTube video on the process of unlocking the fourth core. There aren't many steps but if you leave one out I am sure it would crash.

I hope this helps.

DR

#3 Drj312

Drj312
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2010 - 02:25 PM

shoot. its still not working. the video said to try applying more voltage. should i try that? if so, how should i change it?

#4 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 AM

Posted 21 May 2010 - 12:52 AM

This is done in your systems BIOS.

It should be in the area where your processor's frequency is located under core voltage.

I want to warn you, going too high with this setting could fry your processor!

Try it one setting at a time, do not try the highest setting first!

Try the next Vcore voltage up from where you are now at default, and test stability, if there is no lock-ups, try the next vcore voltage setting up from that.

You can monitor your temperatures with one of the following programs listed below

SpeedFan http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

HWMonitor http://www.cpuid.com/hwmonitor.php (no installation required)

Good luck and be safe, a processor is a terrible thing to waste.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#5 Drj312

Drj312
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2010 - 12:57 AM

still no luck with anything. voltage increase fails everytime

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users