Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

microsoft word - slow loading

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 thenoose

thenoose

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 AM

Posted 02 October 2005 - 11:22 AM

I've been using microsoft word for a while now, and im frankly sick of it.
It takes almost half a minute to load up (nothing to do with my pc) and if you copy something before you open word and then open it and try to paste it, it doesnt work.
It's small things like that that get me pissed off :thumbsup:
Now for my question, do any of you know of any good replacements to microsoft word? It doesn't matter if they're free or not!
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 02 October 2005 - 11:48 AM

Try Open Office. It will create, modify, and view Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. It reconizes Office '97, and 2000 formats. It is Sun Micro Java based so you will need Java runtime for end users. You can install without it but you won't get all of the features. Install java first.
Also be sure and select all of the options when installing Open Office.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 AM

Posted 02 October 2005 - 12:03 PM

In addition to getting a very good word processor, you will be getting a spreadsheet application and a presentation module as well---all for the price of the time it takes to download it. All files you create in OO.o (OpenOffice. org- - -the official title) can be saved as Office file types. I use and recommend this product.
Soon to come will also be a database application in the new release.
If you prefer just a stand alone word processor, there is also Abiword.
Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 02 October 2005 - 12:05 PM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users