Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What does "Director Player Error, Object Expected" mean?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Don't know

Don't know

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:18 PM

I have the Nero 6 Ultra Edition and really like it. I have been using it for years and have not been able to find one that works as easily and simply as this, and really don't want to have to use anything else if possible. Does anyone know what this error message means?

Director Player Error....object expected

It was working fine one day and not the next. I did have a virus problem but one of the administrator fixed that for me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,213 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 20 May 2010 - 02:07 PM

Are you using Director Player ? Is this XP?
Perhaps,Macromedia or Adobe shockwave??

Edited by boopme, 21 May 2010 - 09:20 AM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Don't know

Don't know
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 20 May 2010 - 04:12 PM

System is Windows xp and I was using Nero 6 Ultra Edition. I have been using it for years, but recently had a virus and one of the administrators from here helped fix that. Now though I get this error when I try to use Nero. It will let me use it but I have to keep clicking cancel for this error and it takes forever to do anything.

I realize it is an older software program but it is so easy to use for my photo needs and I am not real computer savvy so I want to stick with what I know if possible. I store a lot of my photos on a CD and have found this easier to do (for me anyway) with this program.

No one seems to know what this error is or how to fix it, so if you can help it will be greatly appreciated!

To my knowledge I am not using Director Player.

Edited by Don't know, 20 May 2010 - 04:14 PM.

#4 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 AM

Posted 21 May 2010 - 04:41 AM

Perhaps,Macrodia or Adobe shockwave??

I don't think it's specifically a Nero problem.

Uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe Shockwave player may fix it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users