Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Here's A Weird One For You!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jek1862

jek1862

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 AM

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:46 PM

I am picking up the TV audio from the downstairs neighbor in my apartment building through my PC speakers!! My system is acting like some sort of an 'antenna' or something, I would think. Granted, it is very low, but it is noticeable, and since they seem to watch a lot of TV, it is irritating and actually I can hear their TV audio when I play music and that really is annoying.
I am wondering what may be going on here. Could it also have something to do with the wiring in the building? This is a two apt. dwelling.

And if you have an idea as to what is going on, some possible solutions to get rid of this. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 AM

Posted 21 May 2010 - 04:05 PM

Just a wild guess, but perhaps the wire that connects your computer to your speakers is unshielded. In that case, a transmitted audio signal might be picked up like a radio signal and... maybe you need some shielding on your speakers/wire.

Just a crapshoot, nobody else was answering. Shoot me down if anyone has a better I idea.
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

#3 ibbo

ibbo

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 AM

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:46 PM

i agree with ryan but sometimes people who work in music studio's come across this problem and it's due to how the building is wired i think the term is daisy chaining where one socket is wired to the next .if you dont sort the problem with sheilding your wires i know music websites sell a gagdet to stop this not shure what they are called but maybe you could have a look i'm pretty shure i saw one at (hard to find record's) if i see one i'll let you know.

#4 strolln

strolln

• Members
  • 400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 PM

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:54 PM

I doubt the audio coming from downstairs would be loud enough to be heard thru your speakers unless it was being amplified somehow. My guess is that it is being picked up by the line-in circuit of your soundcard. Perhaps if you have something plugged in to the line-in it isn't shielded well.

Edited by strolln, 16 June 2010 - 10:55 PM.

To Err is human; to really foul things up requires a Bleeping Computer!

#5 PC-Tech

PC-Tech

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 AM

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:10 PM

have you tried a different set of speakers? or try going to radio shack, and looking for a ferrite core. something similar to this one might work well http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.js...oductId=2103222
more active in chat :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users