Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unknown File Error - Google doesn't recognise this file name

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Shayne_124

Shayne_124

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:26 PM

Hey all, this error message started appearing after I booted my laptop up after it had sat for almost 6 months. I do not remember what I had installed on my computer before I didn't touch it for 6 months, and I am not entirely sure how long I have put up with the error message before I decided to try this forum. I have tried to figure out what the file is, and none of my friends who are handy with a computer know what it is. The error message reads "Error loading C:\WINDOWS\ewizicifaquza.dll The specified module could not be found." when I put the file name in google, google doesn't come up with anything, it says that the file matches nothing.

I am running Windows XP Professional edition. This error occurs at start-up, every time I boot up my computer. I would assume that this is a module found under the svchost files, but I cannot be sure. I want to know what the file is, and I want to know what it is supposed to do. I am so confused. Thanks for your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,011 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:33 PM

Hello,

Such messages are common after the removal of malware files. To resolve this, download Autoruns, search for the related entry and then delete it.
  • Create a new folder on your hard drive called AutoRuns (C:\AutoRuns) and extract (unzip) the file there. (click here if you're not sure how to do this.)
  • Open the folder and double-click on autoruns.exe to launch it.
  • Please be patient as it scans and populates the entries.
  • When done scanning, it will say Ready at the bottom.
  • Scroll through the list and look for a startup entry related to the file(s) in the error message.
  • Right-click on the entry and choose delete.
  • Reboot your computer and see if the startup error returns.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 Shayne_124

Shayne_124
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:48 AM

:thumbsup: Arigatou Gozaimasu. That did the trick, you are my hero!

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,011 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2010 - 08:30 PM

You're welcome. :thumbsup:

~ OB
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users