Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Task Bar Won't get smaller

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jmrpjb

jmrpjb

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 PM

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:32 PM

Hi,

I've unlocked the taskbar and while I was clicking stuff on it like 'show desktop' and 'links' I dragged one of the partitions and it suddenly got bigger (the taskbar) When I drag the double arrow to make it smaller, I get a blurry line where the perimiter of the taskbar is now but it won't get smaller. Please help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bicycle bill

bicycle bill

• Banned
  • 339 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 AM

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:40 PM

Sometimes getting the taskbar back to normal is not unlike trying to nail Jello to the wall.
I have found one way that works for me. Grab the double arrow just to the right of the start button and
move it straight up.

Edited by bicycle bill, 19 May 2010 - 04:43 PM.

#3 Yateesh

Yateesh

• Banned
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 AM

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:14 AM

Hi,

I've unlocked the taskbar and while I was clicking stuff on it like 'show desktop' and 'links' I dragged one of the partitions and it suddenly got bigger (the taskbar) When I drag the double arrow to make it smaller, I get a blurry line where the perimiter of the taskbar is now but it won't get smaller. Please help?

First right click on the taskbar, beside lock the task bar, do you see the right check mark, If you do not see the right check mark on the lock taskbar, Please drag the task bar straight up at one shot and pull it down and try locking the taskbar. Please reply if it helped.

#4 jmrpjb

jmrpjb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 PM

Posted 25 May 2010 - 07:10 PM

Thank you both. I responded with a quick reply but I don't know if it worked so I'm thanking you again. I've made the taskbar smaller but bleep if I know how! I just dragged a bunch of things and something worked, so thanks again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users