Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Getting monitor up and running

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ydayna

ydayna

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 AM

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:25 PM

I have a question about getting the monitor up and running. On the motherboard i do not have a DVI input or VGA. But i do have a video card i'm going to install. I'm building a new computer and installing the motherboard, cpu, dvd, power supply and video card. If i hook up the DVI cable to the video card will the monitor automatically come on or do i have to find another way to install the monitor.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,249 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 AM

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:29 PM

As long as you make the connections and power is supplied...the monitor should work automatically.

You can adjust the screen resolution for the video card (to match that of the monitor) after booting into your O/S.

I always turn my monitors on first before powering the system, but it really should not make any difference which is first :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users