Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

is it possible to install apple operating on pc?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 morfia

morfia

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:06 PM

I always asked my self question i mean thought of this the reason why i ask is because for pc their are sooo many hacker,trojans etc... from my 12 years experience the most days i never had a virus was a month. Like i been hacked soo many times, files comprimised etc.... If its not possible can anyone tell me the next best operating next to windows that you can install on pc>>>>???

i am not sayin their will be no virus on other operating but their will be less because less people use it etc......

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,789 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:35 PM

The Apple OSX EULA clearly states that you may not install the operating system on a Windows based machine. So that answer is no.

Alternatives are the various flavors of Linux. You can ask your Linux questions here: Linux & Unix Subforums

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:53 PM

Would it be a Windows-based machine if you replaced Windows with it? I mean really... how much of this is semantics and how much of the EULA actually matters?
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,789 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:04 PM

OK, semantics aside. The EULA is worded so that it is a violation of the Apple EULA to install OSX on non Apple hardware. Better?

If you care to read for yourself you can find the EULA's here: https://www.apple.com/legal/sla/

p.s. If they hate flash as much as they do, what do you think they would do if their OSX got near anything resembling Windows hardware. :thumbsup:

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:10 PM

But but but... Apples are PCs too, ya know!
I know that at this point, it's for the sake of argument, but really, without Windows installed, it could be a Mac just as well as it could be a Microsoft compy.
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

#6 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,722 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2010 - 07:18 AM

I thought the reason you can't use Mac OS on a PC had something to do with the processor.
To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

#7 strolln

strolln

• Members
  • 400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 20 May 2010 - 07:48 AM

People install OS X on PC hardware all the time (regardless of the EULA). A PC running Apple OS is called a hackintosh. There was a company selling such a machine but Apple sued them out of existence.

Edited by strolln, 20 May 2010 - 08:25 PM.

To Err is human; to really foul things up requires a Bleeping Computer!

#8 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2010 - 12:41 PM

It's true, Macs used to be proprietary but quickly, due to practicality, started using commercial parts. Since then (idk exactly when), Macs have used 'industry standard' parts.

#9 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,736 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:31 PM

The 6502 was a 'standard' part.....
Derfram
~~~~~~

#10 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2010 - 03:58 PM

Pardon my complete ignorance :thumbsup: I just had the general impression that Apple once used proprietary parts, or at least proprietary form factors. Shoot me if I'm wrong.

#11 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,736 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:30 PM

Pardon my complete ignorance

No, I should have added an appropriate smilie. It was a sarcastic comment. I believe the 6502 was used in some of the original apple machines, and it was an industrial standard part - designed as a process controller, not a CPU.
Derfram
~~~~~~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users