Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win Vista Errors/ (0xc0000022)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 morales23

morales23

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 AM

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:40 PM

I'm running on Hp Windows Vista Home Premium Edition, Ive had this propblem for about a month so i havent used my pc much. I have encountered the following symptoms on my pc, so if anyone can relate and give some solutions please help! At startup i get these errors- MSASCui.exe failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022), RtHDVCpl.exe failed to initialze properly, run dll error loading c:\windows\seystem32\NvCpl.dll access is denied. My pc wont load media player and much of any other programs, computer will not open programs well in normal mode, and even in safe mode not all are operable. My network connection manager and volume bar and some other programs are no longr displayed on task bar, basically i can see all the programs and files but just seems to be the shell because the programs used to run these files wont open them. Ive ran malware scans, virus scans, and looked for previous restore points but none are found.ive done update drivers directly from hp website for network, audio, video drivers but same errors continue to pop up at startup. Getting frustrated with this issue, i dont want to set back to factory settings i have too many files i dont want to loose. Can anyone help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:55 PM

It looks like quite a mess.
MSASCui.exe is a part of Windows Defender
RtHDVCpl.exe is a part of Realtek sound driver
NvCpl.dll is a part of nVidia video driver

Unless Windows installation is totally corrupted, you may have some hardware issue.
Do you have Vista DVD? If not, can you borrow one?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 morales23

morales23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:36 PM

when i purchased pc it did not come with dvds seems to already have os preinstalled or prepackaged. and ive run hardware diagnostics but it comes up clean. my audio drivers sound now but im running in safemode. what about a registry fix? why would my programs not operate but only in safemode?

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:44 PM

Are you saying, that everything works properly in safe mode?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 morales23

morales23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:13 PM

im running right now in safemode with networking. some but not all my programs will function properly in safemode. if i get back into normal mode i get startup errors and basic programs wont launch.

#6 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:21 PM

Go Start>Run ("Start Search" in Vista/7), type in:
sfc /scannow
Click OK (hold CTRL, and SHIFT, hit Enter in Vista/7).
Have Windows CD/DVD handy (with Vista/7, most likely, you won't need it).
If System File Checker (sfc) will find any errors, it may ask you for the CD/DVD (rarely in Vista/7 case).

My Website

p4433470.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users