Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop lcd is down :(

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Kaptain

Kaptain

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 PM

Posted 02 October 2005 - 12:24 AM

Hey all. In advance.. thanks for reading about my problem. Hope someone got ANY tips and suggestions.

I had a problem with power jack on my Toshiba Tecra 8000 laptop, so i had to replace the motherboard. After i replaced the mobo, LCD screen turned on only twice. First time it turned on just like everything is fine, and after i put together the laptop frame, it wouldn't turn on again. Then after like 10 minutes and maybe ten more tries lcd turned on again, but then turned off in about 10seconds. Ever since then i can't turn it back on.
I checked all wires million times, but don't think it's a wire problem. When i press power button, lights blink and hd turns on, but screen remains dark. :thumbsup: I also tried connecting external monitor and trying to switch to it by pressing "Function + f5"(monitor change key), but nothing happens.
It was first time when i reassembled laptop, but i put together everything neatly, just like it was. Hate to throw away laptop after spending $40 on new(used) motherboard. :flowers:

THanks, any help is greatly appreciated. :trumpet:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users