Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Saving this java game

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tjwh

tjwh

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:42 AM

Hello and welcome,

I would like to know how to be able to run the application here offline on my computer (winXP Sp3). It is a .jar file. I tried saving it and running it offline, but that doesn't work. Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:16 PM

Game Description : This web game

Tells me that it is not a downloadable game. I'm not sure what it is that you can download with regards to the game, from the instructions provided. But I'm quite sure it is not a full playable version of the game.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 tjwh

tjwh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 25 May 2010 - 03:38 AM

It is a full playable version of the game, but there is no way provided to download it. I would like to be able to play it offline though, so any suggestions?

#4 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 25 May 2010 - 04:50 PM

Animal already told you the answer

Its web based and not downloadable
In the beginning there was the command line.

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:32 PM

Let me see if I can say this more clearly. The game resides on a server somewhere and is accessed via a web connection. It is not a game that you can download for local machine use for offline play.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 catcher1

catcher1

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 04 June 2010 - 05:34 AM

What you could try is loading the game in its web page, then keep your browser open.
Then you can try to disconnect and play the game as its already been loaded.
This might not work if the game needs to constantly load date, or multiplayer game.

Edited by catcher1, 04 June 2010 - 05:34 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users