Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AP Manager virus, copyright violation popup, Computer won't boot! need help

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 shwekhaw

shwekhaw

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:01 AM

Hi I have no idea how I get infected by this virus. I had Google anti spyware and Windows firewall installed on my Windows XP Pro computer.
Tonight, suddenly AP manager virus started to create fake antivirus popsups.
When I restart the computer I was greeted by copyright violation warning.
I tried to end those processes from windows manager and computer freeze. \
When I restart for second time. I got blue screen of death. I tried rebooting in safe mode and still get blue screen. Then I use WinXP Pro CD and still getting blue screen.

Please HELP!

UPDATE: I left the computer for over hour to restart in normal mode and it was able to restart. I got logged in but I cannlt run rkill or any file including Google Spyware Doctor update. I got pop ups saying every file I try to run is infected. IE browser not working. Firefox works fine. Still cannot reboot in safe mode, blue screen appears.

UPDATE: It seems I was infected by both AP Manager (copyright violation) as well as Antispyware soft. I was able to uninstall APManager from control panel. However I cannot get rid of antispyware soft. I followed direction under spyware removal. I cannot boot into safe mode or safe mode with Networking (blue screen of death). I can only boot into normal mode. I was able to transfer rkill and antimalwarebytes software via USB from another computer onto the infected computer. But rkill is doing anything. It stops at "be patience". I waited for 30 mins.

Edited by shwekhaw, 19 May 2010 - 10:40 AM.
Moved from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs ~BP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users