Please post the complete results of your MBAM scan for review.
To retrieve the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware scan log information, launch MBAM.
Logs are saved to the following locations:
- Click the Logs Tab at the top.
- The log will be named by the date of scan in the following format: mbam-log-date(time).txt
-- If you have previously used MBAM, there may be several logs showing in the list.
- Click on the log name to highlight it.
- Go to the bottom and click on Open.
- The log should automatically open in notepad as a text file.
- Go to Edit and choose Select all.
- Go back to Edit and choose Copy or right-click on the highlighted text and choose Copy from there.
- Come back to this thread, click Add Reply, then right-click and choose Paste.
- Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
- Exit MBAM when done.
-- In XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs
-- In Vista: C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs
Please perform a scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Online Safe Scan
- Be sure to follow the instructions provided on that same page.
- When the scan is complete, please post the results in your next reply.
-- If you encounter any problems using the online scan, try downloading and using the SUPERAntiSpyware Portable Scanner
- Save the randomly named file (i.e. SAS_1710895.COM) to a usb drive or CD and transfer to the infected computer.
- Then double-click on it to launch and scan.
- The file is randomly named to help keep malware from blocking the scanner.
Please perform a scan with Kaspersky Online Virus Scanner
.-- Requires free Java Runtime Environment (JRE) to be installed before scanning for malware as ActiveX is no longer being used.-- This scan will not remove any detected file threats but it will show where they are located so they can be cleaned with other tools.
-- Note: Some online scanners will detect existing anti-virus software and refuse to cooperate. You may have to disable the real-time protection components of your existing anti-virus and try running the scan again. If you do this, remember to turn them back on after you are finished.
- Vista users need to right-click the IE or FF Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar icons and Run As Administrator from the context menu.
- Read the "Advantages - Requirements and Limitations" then press the ... button.
- You will be prompted to install an application from Kaspersky. Click the Run button. It will start downloading and installing the scanner and virus definitions.
- When the downloads have finished, you should see 'Database is updated. Ready to scan'. Click on the ... button.
- Make sure these boxes are checked. By default, they should be. If not, please check them and click on the ... button afterwards:
- Detect malicious programs of the following categories:
Viruses, Worms, Trojan Horses, Rootkits
Spyware, Adware, Dialers and other potentially dangerous programs
- Scan compound files (doesn't apply to the File scan area):
- Click on My Computer under the Scan section. OK any warnings from your protection programs.
- The scan will take a while so be patient and do NOT use the computer while the scan is running. Keep all other programs and windows closed.
- Once the scan is complete (the 'status' will show complete), click on View Scan Report and any infected objects will be shown.
- Click on Save Report As... and change the Files of type to Text file (.txt)
- Name the file KAVScan_ddmmyy (day, month, year) before clicking on the Save button and save it to your Desktop.
- Copy and paste (Ctrl+C) the saved scan results from that file in your next reply.