Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Audio Output Device is installed

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 jjboyce

jjboyce

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:17 PM

I have no sound on my laptop. Sometimes it will be there and sometimes it won't. Right now it is saying "No audio output device installed". I go to device manager and the only thing listed under Sound, video and game controllers is: "Bluetooth Hands-free Audio and Bluetooth Stereo Audio".

I have an HP Pavilion Laptop running Windows Vista.
Thanks for the help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,769 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:23 PM

Did it just happen all of sudden?
Any errors in Device Manager?
Did you try to reinstall sound driver?

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#3 jjboyce

jjboyce
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2010 - 08:57 PM

Yes, it did happen all of a sudden.
No errors are showing up in Device Manager.
I'm not sure how to reinstall the driver. I have gone into Device Manager and clicked on "scan for hardware changes".
My audio device is not even showing up in Device Manager.
When I open up the Sound window - under the playback tab there is no audio device installed. Same thing for the Recordings tab.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,769 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2010 - 09:46 PM

What's your HP Pavilion model?

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#5 jjboyce

jjboyce
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:38 AM

HP Pavilion Entertainment PC dv9700

#6 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,769 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2010 - 10:25 AM

Download and install audio driver from here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...ct=3636841#N689

My Website

#7 jjboyce

jjboyce
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2010 - 03:17 PM

I am finally getting back to trying to fix my computer. It has been 3 months since I've checked back. I did attempt to download the driver from the link you sent. It would not work. I kept getting error messages stating that it may have not installed properly. I would click to try again and then it would say "No driver was supported in this driver package".

So I've done more searching for help on the Microsoft Website. I found out that my model# is different than the number I gave you. It is an HP pavilion entertainment pc dv9910us. I found the driver for that (there are three) I downloaded the first one and this error message came up. "Driver installation failed. Could not find device for this driver."

I've gone into my sound properties and there are no hidden or disconnected devices for sound. In device manager the only things listed under sound is the bluetooth hands free audio and blue tooth stereo audio.

Is this something I need to take into a Computer Repair place? Or is there anything else I can do to restore my audio. It keeps saying no audio out put device is installed. So where is the device?

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,548 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2010 - 03:30 PM

Try the Realtek driver...pretty common these days.

Louis

#9 jjboyce

jjboyce
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2010 - 03:43 PM

I just downloaded the Realtek driver and was on the installation screen and I got the same error message: "No driver was supported in this driver package". Next? :thumbsup:

#10 redbecker

redbecker

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 30 August 2010 - 04:01 PM

I am havng the same type of problem. I had to trade my brand new Dell laptop for an older slow IBM Think Pad one of our sales reps was using. (I also have a desktop for work, he doesn't) When I got the IBM, he had lotsa crap installed, I did a lot of cleaning, it sped up and things were fine. About 3-4 months later tho' the sound just stopped! I tried updating the Realtek AC97 driver, got the Error 10 device can not start code. Uninstalled and reinstalled, same thing. Reinstalled the applicable Conexant drive, got the "no media device" error. I've tried to figure this out for about 4 months noe, if anyone can help, PLEASE DO!

#11 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,769 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2010 - 04:08 PM

My audio device is not even showing up in Device Manager.

Your sound chip may be busted. You may need to buy real sound card (ca 15 bucks).

My Website

#12 inaki

inaki

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:15 PM

Hi, I have the same HP Pavilion, with Windows Vista, and the same exact problem if anyone comes up with the solution please be kind enough to post it in the forum. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users