Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

pc having trouble is this normal for 98se HELP!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 01 October 2004 - 09:53 AM

Well I do my best to keep this 6yr old pc up and running since my laptop is down temp. I use all the best tools but this thing has been going crazy lately! Ok I cant defrag unless in safe mode then it takes 2 hours! Everything is slow. It crashes often and freezes even more. Infact it crashed 2 time in under 12 mins today! Just using a program that requires very little ram(32mb I have over 96+). Its not spyware my HJT log is clean. I run adware,spybot 1.3 final,a2,avg on it and still slow. I run scandisk and everytime I do it says I have some errors and it fixed them. Well I have tried everything and dont know what to do other than get a new pc. Is there anything I can do that I havent done yet?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 AM

Posted 01 October 2004 - 12:06 PM

If you are sure that itis not spyware or other malware...could be you just need a reinstall. Because i constantly install new programs and uninstall them etc etc...everntually windows gets a little messed up and I reinstall to get it back in good shape.

#3 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 01 October 2004 - 12:55 PM

I was thinking the same thing. Im pretty posotive im clean as HJT says....a2 and avg too! Only problem is that I paid 1000.00 for this whole pc kit almost 6 years ago. Back then I had very little knowledge about what I needed in a pc. Well as the story goes on I did not get any restore disks(maybe they didnt have them back then) nor did I get a 98se disk! So what else can I do let me just say I have a 18.6 gb hdd after windows takes up its part and I have 11.7gb used 6.@@ free. So my space is coming to a halt anyways. I guess its time for a new pc! Not that im not happy about getting a new pc(just dont buy one from a online syco lol!!) just dont want to spend the money at the moment. I dont know what I was expecting posting this here maybe a miracle cure for this old guy....
Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users