Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Motorola RAZR v3xx I want to create a group

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Firetooth

Firetooth

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 18 May 2010 - 01:21 PM

Hi,
I have some contacts I want to put into a group. I spoke to tech support at ATT, they couldn't figure it out, sent me to Motorola tech support, they couldn't either.

My phone does have the capacity to do this, per the manual, but the instructions are very brief.

I can create a group title, but when I try to enter the group members, there doesn't seem to be a way to do this.

I tried to include ALL my contacts in a group, with the idea of removing from the group the contacts I didn't want. However, going in reverse does not seem to work. I can add new info but not remove info.

The Tech support person at ATT had me send all the contacts to my SIMS card. He said this was to test that the contacts were in the phone memory. They all went into SIMS and are still there. The manual says that you cannot put contacts into a group that are in the SIMS memory. The tech support person at ATT did not think this applied because they contacts should be in both SIMS and the phone memory.

I am willing to do just about anything, including wiping out my whole address book and starting over--well, it is actually not all that big, only about 20 numbers. But I need to know how to proceed.

Please let me know if this description is not clear and I will be happy to try to clarify things better.

All help great appreciated! :blink:
Firetooth
ps: to clarify, I want the group to be able to send out messages. Receiving them is not all that important.

Edited by Firetooth, 18 May 2010 - 02:26 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Firetooth

Firetooth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 18 May 2010 - 02:28 PM

Things are looking up! I think I have found someone who knows what is going on. I will give a report later for those interested. Right now have to do a few things. But thought I would give a progress report.

:blink: Firetooth

#3 bigalexe

bigalexe

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:46 PM

I have a Motorola Razr V3 on ATT (formerly Cingular). Here is how I do it:

What you want is a mailing list, different from Categories. The main difference is that one contact can be on multiple mailing lists but only in one category. Don't bother with Categories because they are basically useless on the Razr.

In order to create a new Mailing List:
1.) Open up contacts and hit the top center button, go to New Mailing List

In order to send a message to the list:
1.) The Mailing List appears as a unique contact, so send it to em!
AMD Phenom II X6 2.8ghz
8GB DDR3 RAM
XFX ATI Radeon HD6850 1 GB DDR5, 26" Widescreen HDMI
500GB + 80GB HDD
Windows 7 Pro, Mozilla Firefox, AutoCAD 2011, Solidworks 2009
1/19/2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users