Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

High piched sound?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 kalaso79

kalaso79

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 PM

Posted 01 October 2005 - 07:51 PM

I am building a computer and I am pretty sure everything is hooked up correctly, this is only the second computer I have attemted to build my specs are.....

Motherboard: Asus a7v8x-x
Processor: Amd 2700
Memory: 512 mb pc2700
Power supply: 430 W

The problem is When I turn the switch for the power supply on nothing happends, no lights..nothing just a very high brain peircing sound, and thats it, nothing else happends. Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 01 October 2005 - 10:07 PM

Where is the noise coming from? Are all the parts new?

#3 kalaso79

kalaso79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2005 - 10:37 PM

Ok I got the noise to go away, but now when I start up the computer, the monitor does not turn on and the cdrw drive does not turn on, everything else seems to be working correctly. The motherboard and cpu are used, the harddrive, the cd drive and power supply are brand new. I don't have a floppy drive.

#4 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2005 - 12:10 PM

Are you sure you got them all plugged in correctly?

#5 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 02 October 2005 - 02:19 PM

If you have the CD-RW on the same cable as another device make sure one is slave. Try to reseat your video card.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#6 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2005 - 04:37 PM

Hi kalaso79,

Just a thought. The flyback transformer in the display may be bad... or damaged during a move. You would get a high pitch squeal out of that. If it died, the high voltage for the display would also have failed.

I know you said the display died, but if you can get any life out of it again, try cutting the display off and on while the computer is running to see if that is the source of your squeal.

I agree with acklan with the cdrw. I might even place it on a separate cable.

Good luck!

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#7 kalaso79

kalaso79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2005 - 11:57 PM

Ok I have the Cd drive set to master and is on it's own slot, but does not work when it's inside the case, video card is seated correctly and everything is hooked up correctly. So I took everything out of the case and hooked it up and everything worked but still no display. The light on the monitor stays orange, if I unplug the monitor from the graphics card the light on the monitor goes to green. So there could be a short between my mobo and case but still doesn't explain why I am not getting a display when everything is out of the case. I don't have windows installed because it is a brand new hard drive but the bios should still pop up on the screen, oh the mouse and keyboard are not working either. .... thanks for all the feedback if you have more suggestions my ears are open. The monitor does work on my other comp.

Edited by kalaso79, 03 October 2005 - 12:03 AM.

#8 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 03 October 2005 - 12:09 AM

Do you have another power supply you can try?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#9 kalaso79

kalaso79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2005 - 04:29 PM

Ok I tried a another power supply one that I know for sure works and still the same thing ..No display No mouse and No keyboard, so that probably means it's the motherboard/ cpu or both? any suggestions?

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users