Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Optical mouse

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 trickydick

trickydick

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 01 October 2005 - 07:14 PM

I have one of those optical mouse and every now and then it freezes. Sometimes it will come back on its own, and I've tried cleaning the eye which works some of the time, but this last time I had to reboot to get it back.
The mouse is maybe 4-5 years old. Is it time to replace or could it be something else?

Thanks for your help,
Tricky

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 trickydick

trickydick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2005 - 09:03 PM

Not meant to be a bump, just tired of seeing 0 replies by my queries.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,036 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 AM

Posted 01 October 2005 - 10:38 PM

The obvious answer for me would be to exchange the mouse and see if the problem persists. You can get a good Logitec optical mouse for about $15.00, after 4 or 5 years it might be time for a new toy for the cat.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 trickydick

trickydick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2005 - 10:48 PM

Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users