Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems with new router

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 txzookeeper

txzookeeper

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 PM

Posted 18 May 2010 - 07:55 AM

I have had a wireless network set up for years and about two weeks ago I started having problems with my router. I bought a new router and now I'm having problems with the connection. All the computers can go online, but I have to repair the connection regularly. I also can only download part of my email and then it will quit. The same with videos. I can watch part of a video and then it will stop and I can't get it to continue. I have a cable connection which goes into the router (Airlink 101 AR675W) and that router is connected to a T-Mobile Hotspot@Home router. I've used just the T-Mobile router but it's slow and the computer in the other room barely gets any signal from it. Can anyone give me an idea what might be wrong?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 PM

Posted 18 May 2010 - 08:06 AM

So is this a problem on both or just 1 of the PCs?

If its just one, get the latest drivers for the wireless card. This is most times bundled with software, which is fine just get the latest version of it. Then go into Device manager(devmgmt.msc at the run command will open it) click the + beside Network Adapters, right click your wireless card and uninstall or remove or whatever the wording is, go into Add/Remove programs uninstall the wireless software. Reboot and install the new software your downloaded.

If its both and buying a new router didn't fix it, what about if you plug a wire into it, any issues?

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 txzookeeper

txzookeeper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2010 - 11:22 AM

I didn't have the problem with the old router. It quit working though so I got a new one. I updated the firmware on the new one already but have the problem on all pcs on the network. The connection will still show as good but it will quit downloading things (like the email or videos). Even if I repair the connection and I can connect to pages it still won't allow videos to be viewed all the way through and usually won't download all my email if there's a lot of messages. I have the router wired on the main computer and that has the same problems.

#4 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 PM

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:58 AM

Is it just wireless or wired also?

What wireless security are you running?

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#5 txzookeeper

txzookeeper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:49 AM

I bought an Ooma and pulled the T-Mobile@Home device out of the picture and now everything seems to be running fine. It seems like it must have been that phone router. Thanks for trying to help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users