Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need A Display Driver

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jek1862

jek1862

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 PM

Posted 18 May 2010 - 12:14 AM

Under 'Display Adapters' it is recommending I update to the latest driver. Problem is I am having trouble locating the manufacturer's website for my particular driver.
Here are the details on it: VIA/S3G Unichrome Pro IGP 6/8/05 6.14.10.227. Recommends I update to:
4/28/07 6.14.10.0364

I want to update the driver. Can you tell me where I can download this particular driver, a link would be greatly appreciated. Also place(s) where I can download the drivers I need for free would also be appreciated. Seems most every site I go to is pushing some driver software to get you to buy before they will allow you to get the driver, which I think is not right. Thanks for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2010 - 01:14 AM

It would have helped me if only you posted your operating system and version, so here's the site you need for your drivers, you'll have to select your OS and the rest of the information to get the correct ones.

http://www.via.com.tw/en/support/drivers.jsp

Good luck.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 jek1862

jek1862
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:14 AM

I wasn't sure which driver to install from the manufacturer's website, but I luckily found it here:

http://driverscollection.com/?file_c...c2336a6be4ca7b

A good site for drivers, if you can't or are confused which one to install from the manufacturer's website.

Thank you all for your help. You can close this thread.

#4 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:31 AM

I am glad that everything has worked out ok at your end!

Thank you for coming back and letting us know your problem has been solved and for sharing that link so others can find their own solution.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users