Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with limited connectivity

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Robahr24

Robahr24

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 AM

Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:48 PM

Alright so I'm not a computer genius or anything and need help with my HP DV6700T laptop with windows 7. Lately my wireless will go to limited connectivity every few minutes and keep doing this constantly.I tried turning off and restarting both routers and that still hasn't helped. Anybody have step by step instructions to fix this? Its really getting annoying.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Man_or_Astroman

Man_or_Astroman

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 AM

Posted 18 May 2010 - 04:00 AM

How's the wireless signal ? How many bars are you getting ?

Open a command prompt and type IPCONFIG

Post the information it gives
Do your part and SANITIZE. Keep your computer virus-free.

#3 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 18 May 2010 - 07:27 AM

Get the latest drivers for the wireless card. This is most times bundled with software, which is fine just get the latest version of it. Then go into Device manager(devmgmt.msc at the run command will open it) click the + beside Network Adapters, right click your wireless card and uninstall or remove or whatever the wording is, go into Add/Remove programs(or whatever its called in Win7) and uninstall the wireless software. Reboot and install the new software your downloaded. This will fix 80% of the wireless issues. A cat5 cable solves 100% but isn't as fun lol =)

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users