Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Best Console of the 1990's - 2000's

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Your Favorite Console? (13 member(s) have cast votes)

What was your favorite console?

1. Playstation 1 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Playstation 2 (2 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

3. Playstation 3 (2 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

4. Super Nintendo (1 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

5. Nintendo 64 (6 votes [46.15%])

Percentage of vote: 46.15%

6. Nintendo GameCube (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Nintento Wii (1 votes [7.69%])

8. XBox Classic (0 votes [0.00%])

9. XBox 360 (0 votes [0.00%])

10. Other (please explain!) (1 votes [7.69%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 17 May 2010 - 09:19 PM

My favorite was the Nintendo 64. It had Banjo Kazooie, James Bond, Zelda, Star Fox, Army Men, a true time for exploring the possibilities of video games.
Close runners-up for me were PS2 and Xbox classic, but they just didn't give me such a diverse pool of games to choose from.
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dy!

Dy!

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 AM

Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:18 PM

N64 was ok, I had one and played some fun games on it. My favorite of all time was regular Nintendo so you know I got love for the Super Nintendo, loved me some Mario!

#3 thicool

thicool

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2010 - 01:59 PM

nintendo 64 all the way.

conkers bad fur day, all the james bonds,(especially golden eye), duke nukem 64 and duke nukem zero hour, monstertruck madness, and all the mario games, like mario party and mario kart.

i still play my 64 every once in a while, i still have it hooked up

#4 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2010 - 03:59 PM

DreamCast best failed system ever!!! The dreamcast is the buildng Blocks that the Xbox was created on. Need proof look at a dreamcast controller and an orginal Xbox controller, not the late model slimmed down ones, they're almost identical. Not to mention that the Dreamcast was the first system to provide online gameplay.

I can't help but notice there are no Sega Systems listed Sega CD, Saturn, and Genesis.

Posted Image

#5 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2010 - 03:11 PM

Sorry BlackSpyder, there were 10 options and I honestly had to conclude that Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony had the most popular, perhaps not the best, systems. This is the reason for the "Other (please explain!)" category.
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

#6 TheEgg

TheEgg

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:42 PM

PS1- Thought the console sucked. Graphics were bad. Couldn't enjoy most of the games due to the barf-bag graphics. Controller was nice though.

PS2- Fixed the graphics problem. 100x better than previous one. Great controller. Good games. With graphics were a little more powerful. THIS is what most of my games are for.

PS3- Expensive. But the price got better now. I don't have it because I am just not interested in console games like a used to be. A new game console used to be a big thing for me. Now I could care less. I am so out of touch with current games now. I commend the for making it backwards compatible w/ PS1/PS2 games!

Super NES- I never had one, but I always wanted one. I had NES and it was GREAT!!! Nintendo had all the must have games like Mario, Zelda, et al; Not the games I could live without like Sonic The Hedgehog. Sonic is cool but not as cool as nintendo characters.

Nintendo 64- This console had some of the BEST games EVER made. Mario, Zelda, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, and MORE! Graphics much more smoother than PS1. Controller was awkward though and I can't hold it good. I always wanted one of these and finally got it one sunny day in June 2000. One of the best days of my life. I'll make sure to remind my wife that on my wedding day (if ever).

Nintendo GameCube- Thought this was gonna be so cool, but it wasn't. Controller sucked. Not enough buttons. Didn't have many good serious big kid games like FPS. The one game I bought it for (Zelda) was released at the very end of its existence. This was not the console for older kids like me. I regret buying it (or having someone else buy it for me)

Nintento Wii- Same like GC. Not for people like me. I don't like the controller. I'll take a regular controller, thank you.

Xbox- Never had one of these. Required subscription to play online. Didn't cost too much, but I'd hate to pay for a subscription I might not use much. Plus it was made my microsoft who already have enough $$$ and I hated to give them more.

Xbox 360- This is the console everyone seems to have these days. Again, I don't like microsoft or the subscription or the fact that its not 100% backwards compatible with regular xbox games.

Other (please explain!)- You forgot to mention Sega Genesis. I'll go with PC though.

Why I like PC.

1. Online games will always be online. With console games, when they shut down the servers, your done. No more online for you. Most PC online games will always be online because you can rent servers or use your own computer as a server and play against people directly through IP.

2. You don't have to pop in the game every time (though someones gonna tell me how thats against the end user agreement)

3. You can back up your PC games so you don't have to worry about breaking them (someones gonna tell me thats not kosher either)

4. Taking screenshots is easy!

5. Lots of PC games (especially racing) are geared towards serious people who want serious gaming and not sun and puff-clouds rainbow games where fairies and elves dance around sugar plum gun drop leprechauns in rainbow city.

#7 Velkro

Velkro

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 28 May 2010 - 02:10 AM

I voted for the N64. I loved that game system and was lucky enough to be blessed with large hands to be able to easily hold the oversized controllers. :D Great games. I still think Goldeneye was one of the best James Bond games of all time.

#8 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:02 PM

I like PC better by far, TheEgg. But this is about consoles and I really think Nintendo 64 was the all-star in that category.

#9 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:16 PM

I actually still have an N64!

#10 teacup61

teacup61

Bleepin' Texan!

• Malware Response Team
  • 17,075 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2010 - 12:05 AM

I'll go you one better.......I still have my Atari! :thumbsup:

N64.......James Bond, all the mario games, Rush.......
Please make a donation so I can keep helping people just like you.
Every little bit helps! :)
You can even use your credit card! Thank you!

Posted Image

Error reading poptart in Drive A: Delete kids y/n?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users