Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:42 PM
PS1- Thought the console sucked. Graphics were bad. Couldn't enjoy most of the games due to the barf-bag graphics. Controller was nice though.
PS2- Fixed the graphics problem. 100x better than previous one. Great controller. Good games. With graphics were a little more powerful. THIS is what most of my games are for.
PS3- Expensive. But the price got better now. I don't have it because I am just not interested in console games like a used to be. A new game console used to be a big thing for me. Now I could care less. I am so out of touch with current games now. I commend the for making it backwards compatible w/ PS1/PS2 games!
Super NES- I never had one, but I always wanted one. I had NES and it was GREAT!!! Nintendo had all the must have games like Mario, Zelda, et al; Not the games I could live without like Sonic The Hedgehog. Sonic is cool but not as cool as nintendo characters.
Nintendo 64- This console had some of the BEST games EVER made. Mario, Zelda, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, and MORE! Graphics much more smoother than PS1. Controller was awkward though and I can't hold it good. I always wanted one of these and finally got it one sunny day in June 2000. One of the best days of my life. I'll make sure to remind my wife that on my wedding day (if ever).
Nintendo GameCube- Thought this was gonna be so cool, but it wasn't. Controller sucked. Not enough buttons. Didn't have many good serious big kid games like FPS. The one game I bought it for (Zelda) was released at the very end of its existence. This was not the console for older kids like me. I regret buying it (or having someone else buy it for me)
Nintento Wii- Same like GC. Not for people like me. I don't like the controller. I'll take a regular controller, thank you.
Xbox- Never had one of these. Required subscription to play online. Didn't cost too much, but I'd hate to pay for a subscription I might not use much. Plus it was made my microsoft who already have enough $$$ and I hated to give them more.
Xbox 360- This is the console everyone seems to have these days. Again, I don't like microsoft or the subscription or the fact that its not 100% backwards compatible with regular xbox games.
Other (please explain!)- You forgot to mention Sega Genesis. I'll go with PC though.
Why I like PC.
1. Online games will always be online. With console games, when they shut down the servers, your done. No more online for you. Most PC online games will always be online because you can rent servers or use your own computer as a server and play against people directly through IP.
2. You don't have to pop in the game every time (though someones gonna tell me how thats against the end user agreement)
3. You can back up your PC games so you don't have to worry about breaking them (someones gonna tell me thats not kosher either)
4. Taking screenshots is easy!
5. Lots of PC games (especially racing) are geared towards serious people who want serious gaming and not sun and puff-clouds rainbow games where fairies and elves dance around sugar plum gun drop leprechauns in rainbow city.