-Pentium 4 2.8Ghz (1Mb L2 cache/800Mhz FSB) (UNoverclocked)
-1gig DDR RAM
-Radeon X1650 Series (512MB)
-1 20Gig HDD (IDE)
-1 80Gig HDD (IDE)
-Win XP SP3
- Recently changed Processor from 1.5Ghz to 2.8Ghz (although it was still restarting back then especially on SC2), Also changed RAM from 512Mb to 1Gig
- >37C room temp, Old Power Supply (the fan isn't as powerful as it used to) and old CPU fan/HSF. Changed to a new Power Supply (550w - 600w) and bigger HSF still no results
- 80Gig HDD had 15% fitness 85% performance on SMART, tried not using it upon booting but still restarting
- Checked RAM for errors and found 2 of them
- Tried to turn off the "automatic restart " option but now it simply shuts down abruptly (like pulling the plug) and doesn't restart.
Temp while playing (Speedfan):
CPU: 55-70C (was spiking at 80C). Changed to a bigger HSF 60 - 70C (no more spikes to 80+)
Edited by teStud0, 17 May 2010 - 02:42 PM.