Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uninstall McAfee Security Center

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 waterfall11

waterfall11

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 17 May 2010 - 02:34 PM

Hello,

I previously had both McAfee Security Center and McAfee VirusScan 8.5 on my pc. :thumbsup: After finding out that you shouldn't have 2 av's on one pc, I uninstalled McAfee Security Center using ADD/REMOVE uninstall instead of using the McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool. I wasn't aware of this tool until reading this forum.

My question is could there be leftover components from McAFee Security Center that may be conflicting with McAfee VirusScan 8.7? If there is, how do I uninstall the residual components?

Thank you for your help! :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 666philb

666philb

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 18 May 2010 - 01:28 PM

Hi waterfall11,

If you're noticing problems and errors with your 'McAfee VirusScan 8.5' then there could be. But if everything seems fine then i wouldn't worry. :thumbsup:

Here's the link to the tool and instructions.... http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100507

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users