Hello I would disable teatimer for the repairs.
TeaTimer works by preventing ANY
changes to the system. It will attempt to undo any fixes we run, because it blocks these fixes from running.
In order to safeguard your system from problems that can be brought on by a half finished fix, we need to disable TeaTimer. We can reenable it when we're done if you like.
- Open SpyBot Search and Destroy by going to Start -> All Programs -> Spybot Search and Destroy -> Spybot Search and Destroy.
- If prompted with a legal dialog, accept the warning.
- Click and then on "Advanced Mode"
- You may be presented with a warning dialog. If so, press
- Click on
- Click on
- Uncheck this checkbox:
- Close/Exit Spybot Search and Destroy
Are you seeing "Object is white-listed (critical/system file that should not be removed" ??
If so a critical Windows system file is infected. Improper removal of this file will make your system unbootable.
Please run System File Checker sfc /scannow
... For more information on this tool see How To Use Sfc.exe To Repair System Files
NOTE for Vista users..The command needs to be run from an elevated Command Prompt.
Click Start, type cmd
into the Start/Search box,
in the list above and select 'Run as Administrator
You will need your operating system CD handy.
Open Windows Task Manager....by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC
Then click File
.. then New Task(Run)
In the box that opens type sfc /scannow
......There is a space between c and /
Let it run and insert the XP CD when asked.