Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Meltdown Mode Extreme BSOD

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 riyalight

riyalight

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:32 PM

Ok so while i admit on not being fluent in computer intelligence, i have ran across little problems that i haven't been able to fix outright let alone seek the internet for. However it seems the many years and computers of good luck have caught up to me.

anyone wanna take on my challenge? ? ;P

The bleepty system: 32 bit vista on new toshiba, i have no repair or restore disks that came with it nor do i have my vista serial written anywhere anymore :thumbsup:

The symptoms: will not launch windows, BSOD, inability to run windows repair from HDD, System restore shows no improvement upon any choice, memory diagnostics returned fine, will not start in any mode and continuously restarts itself unless i get to a command prompt window where i can at least prevent the restart

Upon downloading various repair disks and force running them, they find no repairs are needed supposedly and because i do not have my vista product key, i can't reinstall or download the jellybean software to find my key since i obviously can't access anything.

on startup under safe modes it stops at crcdisk.sys and then repeats shutting down all over again.

The Good news: All my most important files are backed up externally and i really don't care about the rest at this point.

Theoretical Prognosis: Trojan worming it's way onto crcdisk.sys which seems normal in a scan but will not run with it.

What i've tried: Everything i can think of short of setting my pc on fire. I have ran through hundreds of websites with people in the exact same situation but none of their methods work for them long and don't work for me at all :flowers: SUCK

What i want: A way to wipe and repair everything to defaults while leaving vista activation files intact so i don't have to get an annoying crack or dl'ed new program. this way i end the virus' tyrant and resume normal functioning

Be my knight in shining tech armour? ^.~

UPDATED INFO

AUTO REPAIR ERROR:
Problem Event Name Startup/RepairV2
Problem Signature 01 autofailover
Problem Signature 02 6.0.6001.1800060.6001.18000
Problem Signature 03 6
Problem Signature 04 1179666
roblem Signature 05 0x50
Problem Signature 06 0x50
Problem Signature 07 0
Problem Signature 08 2
Problem Signature 09 WrpRepair
Problem Signature 10 10

OS Version 6.0.6.001.2.1.0.256.1
locale ID 1033

also my computer does not have a setup recovery partition unfortunately

Edited by riyalight, 17 May 2010 - 12:53 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 riyalight

riyalight
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:34 PM

ok manually redid the entire boot directory and all it's files.... windows is working now so i can go online on my stupid laptop again.

now to find this bloody virus before it corrupts more system files :thumbsup:

anyone have an idea what it's called or where to find it? All my combatant programs are either blocked or not finding it..... but i know it's lurking somewhere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users