Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Macromedia Flash Issue

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hortoholic

hortoholic

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:50 AM

Hey Guys,

I was trying to install an older software and well, I thin I need a little bit of help.. When installing, I get an error:

"Appropriate version of MAcromedia Flash Player not found! This software requires version 7.0 and above. Please visit http://www.macromedia.com to obtain the latest version!"

If I have this right, somebody please feel free to correct me but adobe may have purchased Macromedia, thus the name change but I actually have installed the latest version of Adobe flash player version 10 i believe, and the software is not recognizing it. Is there any way around this. Perhaps installing and older version as well. Is it possible to run two version of Flash player so the software can use an older version but use the latest for say youtube and othe stuff like that?

Thank you soo much for your attention in this matter, if anyone needs more details, please do not hesitate to ask and would be grateful for your help.

hortoholic

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,236 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:02 AM

<<...I actually have installed the latest version of Adobe flash player version 10 i believe, and the software is not recognizing it.>>

What software are you referring to?

Louis

#3 hortoholic

hortoholic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:09 PM

It was a spider man game, but i guess the game is too old since it wont recognize even though my flash version is greater.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,236 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:23 PM

FWIW: Updated versions of programs like java and flash player...come about because of malware vulnerabilities discovered...just as they do with browsers. Using older versions of these programs...is inherently a bad strategy for anyone who is concerned with minimizing the risk of malware disrupting a system.

As for your game...I don't see that as an "issue" of any sort. Time marches on, often for the better.

If you are so in love with this game...you could always do a dual-install of XP and use older versions of software with your game. As long as you are aware of the increased risk to malware, it's an option you can easily employ.

Louis

#5 Keithuk

Keithuk

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:48 PM

Well if this game will only run using Flash 7 then download it from Macromedia Flash Player 7 (10.1 MB) open up the zip file and look in the FP7_archive\r14 folder and there is Flash.ocx. Put this ocx in your C:\Windows\\System32\Macromed\Flash folder and register it using

Run: regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\Flash.ocx

I've had both versions in my system because I write programs and Flash 10 should still work for the web. :thumbsup:

Keith

Windows ME (spare computer)
Windows XP 2002 Professional SP3 (desktop computer)
Windows 7 Professional SP1 32bit (laptop computer)

Windows 8 64bit spare drive for laptop computer

#6 hortoholic

hortoholic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:33 PM

Thanks Keithuk! I'll give that a try. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users